Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 17, 2011

First Pediatrician's Visit

I'm enjoying a nice peaceful afternoon :) DH and the grand parents are out so it's just me and Moggie. Thankfully he's sleeping for now and hopefully till the next feed at 4.30pm. Must catch up on some old posts and photos. Wow time really flies, I can't believe Moggie's almost a month old already!

Our first visit to Dr J was the Monday (12/27) following Moggie's discharge on Christmas when he was just a wee 6 day old newborn. Here we are waiting in the pediatrician's office and filling out paper work.



Overall a clean bill of health despite being in the NICU for 3 days. It's a long story starting with me having a fever during labor. That meant poor M needed to be on antibiotics for 2 days. While in the ICU, they discovered that M couldn't maintain his body temperature and that his heart beat was a tad irregular. These symptoms are actually pretty common in newborns though the doctors wanted to keep a close eye to be safe and charge the insurance company for a longer stay :p

M gained a couple ounces since leaving the hospital though he was not close to birth weight. That's OK, we had till 2 weeks. A goal I worked very hard on and achieved. Go team M&M :D



Scheduled a couple follow up visits with the pediatrician and cardiologist. The following visits were pretty uneventful. Definitely a good thing. M received a clean bill of health and is putting on weight. We'll find out how much further along he's progressing with weight gain at our 1 month visit on Friday. You can tell I'm a little obsessed with this weight thing since I'm worried about milk supply sigh.

5 comments:

  1. wow! this is you after 1 week? you're looking really good :) Hope the breastfeeding is going well! Are you starting to plan a red egg party for Moggie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great. is that DH - he looks like he needs a shave - lol! oh yeah, go ahead and obsess like crazy, we understand :D moggie looks fab in his little hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree -- you look great! I too became obsessed with milk supply and weight because L was a wee little thing (5 lb 8 oz) and was a month early. Now at nearly 14 months she is doing great and I just breastfed her for the last time this week. She is so heavy now that I have had to shell out mucho dinero for massages and acupuncture because I carry her back and forth to work on the T in an ergo along with all of our food and accessories for the day. Some days I wish I had a sherpa.

    I promise it gets easier with the breastfeeding and I know some days it feels like that is all you do right?! You can do it momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies! still got the pooch to loose :( it's hidden in the pics wahaha

    sky - DH is trying to sport the same hair do as the baby. we may have to give them both a hair cut soon lol

    jenny- wow you did great with your lil one :) makes me feel more optimistic!!! r you pumping at work? oh man i can only imagine the pain from carrying a baby back and forth. i hope ppl are considerate enough to offer you a seat! bart riders weren't quite so generous when I was pregnant :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mini,

    I did pump once at work -- I am home with her in the mornings and in the office afternoons, so I could get away with feeding her when I dropped her off at daycare by my office, then pumping once and then feeding her when I picked her up or if she could wait, at home.

    Then once she started to eat food (around 5 1/2 months old) I didn't have to pump anymore because she would just eat food and drink some water in the afternoons.

    Since I don't usually have to get on the T during rush hour I can almost always get a seat! And if it's crowded people usually will let us sit... if they don't I try to make L cry so that she looks cute and pathetic at the same time so that people would take pity!!!

    ReplyDelete