Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Day Is Come

TADAH! 12.21.2010 or 12.22.2010 ( if things go slowly *fingers crossed* ). Going to check in at 7am tomorrow morning.

Had my 41 week appointment today. I wasn't sure about inducing on the 23rd even though we'd set a date last week. We asked the OB how long she would recommend waiting before inducing. She said up to 14 days unless there were potential risk factors.

Anyway it turns out that after doing an ultrasound and fetal monitoring today, I'll need to be induced soon. They found that my amniotic fluid was very low :( Baby's jacuzzi is drying up boo. Thankfully he passed the monitoring and is active and kicking yay. At this point however the risk of waiting is more than the benefit so induction it will be.

Funny this wasn't really how I expected to go into labor. I didn't really have a set birth plan or anything in mind though this definitely wasn't on the agenda. Babycenter did have an apt description though that labor is like a box of chocolates. Yes indeedy.

Anyway I am relieved that the waiting is over!

Will try to post updates via this blog or on Twitter.

6 comments:

  1. Anxious but the wait is over! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an early night and rest well. Lots of work to be done tmrw :) Take care and update if you can! Can't wait to meet him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A catholic nun who used to be a midwife said this to me before I had my baby and it turned out to be my mantra during the first few postpartum weeks ...she told me to remember the 3 B's: "Baby, Blues and Bottom". The last one being a "sore bottom" and blame those hormones for the blues :) good luck to you, sending you lots of warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK!!!! :) I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete